If you are directed to your Facebook account while connecting your Instagram to Planly, that is due to requirements set by Instagram. Your Instagram page must be connected to a Facebook Page to connect your account to Planly and use features like auto publishing, analytics, the best time to post, hashtag suggestions, and more.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps of connecting your Instagram page to your Facebook page and benefit from the perks of this synchronization.
Important. The golden rule is to have an Instagram Business Page firsthand. If your Instagram account is a personal or creator, please convert your account to a Business page. You can follow this step-by-step guide to convert your Instagram personal or creator profile to a business page.
What if I don't have a Facebook page?
Well, to connect your Instagram to Planly and benefit from all of its features, you need to have a Facebook page. So, you can start creating one now and connect your channels.
What if I don't use a Facebook page? - Through Facebook
You do not need to use a Facebook page or have an audience for this purpose. If you do not need Facebook, you can just create a page to connect to your Instagram. This is to comply with the requirements of Instagram API.
How to connect your Instagram page to Facebook page?
- Log in to Facebook
- Scroll down on the side menu and click the Pages or click here to access the page directly
- Under the Updated Pages section click on the name of the page that you want to connect your Instagram page
- On the left sidebar, click on the Settings > Linked Accounts. Or click here to access directly
- Select Instagram from the left list and click the Connect Account button
- Review the prompt page and click Connect
- Toggle if you want to allow Instagram messages to be in Inbox and click Confirm
- Log in to the Instagram page that you want to connect.
- Keep in mind that, you need to have an Instagram Business Page to connect to Facebook
- This may take some time to connect your pages.
- At the end, you will a confirmation pop-up that your Instagram page and Facebook pages are connected. Click Done and start connecting your Instagram to Planly
Please keep in mind that anytime you disconnect your Facebook page from an Instagram page, your Instagram account's connection to Planly will expire. You will not be able to schedule posts to Instagram and your previously scheduled posts to Instagram will stop posting. You will need to create new a Facebook Page to connect your Instagram page or connect to an existing Facebook page.
How to connect an Instagram Page to a Facebook Page? Through Instagram
Again, you must have an Instagram Business Page to connect to your Facebook Page. If your account is a personal or creator, please first convert it into an Instagram Business Page.
If you connect your Instagram through Facebook, you do not need to repeat it again.
- To connect your Instagram page to your Facebook page:
- Go to your profile on Instagram
- Tap the Edit profile button
- Under Public business information, tap Page > Continue
- If prompted, configure Account Center and enter your Facebook login information
- Select a Facebook page to connect or create a new Facebook page
- Tap Done
Now you can easily connect your Instagram page to Planly without a hassle