Just like Facebook Business Pages, you can connect Facebook groups to Planly and schedule your posts. Keep in mind that to connect Facebook group to Planly:
- You need to be the admin of the group. You can connect the group to Planly, but to schedule posts, the admin of that Facebook group has to install
How to connect Facebook group to Planly?
You can connect Facebook groups from 3 places in Planly:
- From the top of your calendar
- Switch to the Team from the bottom of your screen
- Go to Settings > Teams > Social channels.
If you want to see them in detail, please check out the How to connect Facebook Business page to Planly article.
In this guide, we'll show you how to can add from the top of your calendar.
- Click + (plus icon) at the top of your calendar and choose Facebook among the list of available social networks
- Select the groups from the given list
- Click Add button to finish it off.
This was about how to connect Facebook groups to Planly. There is one more step that you need to complete to schedule posts to Facebook with Planly.
At the opening prompt screen on Step 2, you will be given the list of all Facebook groups that you can connect to. You can choose all groups including ones that you are not admin. But, in order to schedule posts to Facebook groups that you are not an admin of, the admins of those groups have to add Planly from the Facebook Apps directory.
How to authorize Facebook groups to schedule posts from Planly?
- Go to the Facebook group that you want to connect to Planly or are already connected to Planly
- Click Group Settings on the sidebar menu
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click Apps under Manage advanced settings section
- Type Planly on the search panel and choose Planly from the menu. Please make sure that you choose Planly not apps with similar names
- Click Add to finish the process
Once you finish the process, Planly will be listed among the apps that you connected to your Facebook groups. After this, your Facebook group posts will be automatically published to Facebook groups with Planly.