To enable Facebook scheduling in Planly, you need first to connect your Facebook account to Planly. After that, you can schedule photos, videos, and text posts to Facebook. You can also add a first comment and links to Facebook posts if you want.
You can connect only Facebook Business Pages and groups to Planly at the moment.
Before switching to how to connect Facebook to Planly, keep these important considerations in mind:
- You can connect Facebook Business Pages and groups that you are the admin of
- In order to connect the Facebook page to Planly it has to be connected to a Business account
How to connect Facebook Business Page to Planly?
To connect Facebook to Planly, you need to authorize Planly. Once you authorize it, it will be automatically connected.
Note: Your Facebook profile has to be logged in to your browser to connect to Planly.
1. Next to the social channel in the Calendar tab's header
In this way, you can connect Facebook to your default Team that is active in your screen.
- Click on the + (plus) icon next to the social channels on top of your calendar
- You will be given a list of Facebook groups and pages that you are the admin of. Select the Facebook Business page(s) from the opening menu.
- Click Add button to finish it off.
2. From Settings
- Go to Settings >Team on your Planly account
- Click on the Edit button next to the Team you want to connect LinkedIn account
- Click on the Social channels tab in the middle menu and click the Add social channels button
- Select the Facebook account(s) you want to connect to Planly. You can connect several Facebook channels including groups and pages in a single session.
- Click Send button to finish
How to remove Facebook Business page from Planly?
Before removing your Facebook from Planly, please keep these in mind:
- When you remove a Facebook account, your scheduled, published, and draft posts will be automatically removed from the calendar
- If you have scheduled posts that are not published yet, they will not be published when you remove the Facebook page. Thus you will have the equivalent post-schedule limit to if you add a new social channel.
In order to remove a Facebook page, you need to follow the steps above.
- Go to Settings next to the social channels on top of your calendar
- Click the Trash icon next to the social channel you want to remove from your teams
- Remove the Facebook page you want to remove from Planly
Note: When you remove a social channel, the media files you used to schedule to that Facebook account will remain in the team. Media belongs to a team, not a social channel.