In order to schedule post to TikTok, first you need to connect it to Planly. After that, you can auto post TikTok videos without receiving any push notificaiton.
Before starting, it is important to know that:
- Only Account owner can add or remove an TikTok account in Planly
- An TikTok account can only exist in a single team.
Note: TikTok account can be added to multiple teams in Planly. In Planly, each team has its own posting calendar. Posts scheduled in one team to same TikTok channel will not be visible in other team's posting calendar.
How to connect TikTok to Planly?
There are 2 different methods and 2 ways to connect TikTok to Planly. For simplicity, we'll first show you 2 ways on where you can add TikTok and then explain 2 methods on how you can add TikTok to Planly.
Where to connect TikTok?
From the top of your profile
- Go to the Calendar in your Planly account
- Click on the + (plus) icon at the top of your screen
- Choose TikTok from the opening menu
- In the Planly account, go to the Settings in the bottom-left of your screen or from the Profile section from the top-right of your screen.
- Click on the Team on the middle-left menu
- Click on the Edit button next to the Team you want TikTok account to connect
- Click on the Social channels tab in the middle menu and click the Add social channels button
- Choose TikTok and which method you want to add TikTok to Planly
How to connect TikTok to Planly?
Now it is time to actually connect TikTok to Planly.
QR Code method *(recommended)
- Choose the QR Code method from the opening menu
- Open TikTok app in your mobile phone
- On your profile , tap + icon on the top-left corner
- Tap on the QR code icon on the top-right corner and scan the QR code given by Planly
Planly extension method
- Download the Planly Extension in your browser https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/planlyauthorizer/bgneagjmbfkoinoopdkidejehnlmfakh
- Choose the Extension method
- If you want to connect the logged TikTok account click Use this account. Or if you want to connect another account that you haven't logged in to, click the Use another account button.
Why do we recommend QR Code method over Planly extension method?
Both methods securely connect your TikTok to Planly. The only difference is on the fact that with QR Code, you will be easily connected with your phone in seconds. While with the Planly extension, you will need to download the extension to your browser in advance and then connect to TikTok.
How to remove TikTok from Planly?
Before removing your TikTok from Planly, please keep these in mind:
- You have to be to the Account owner to remove an account from Planly
- When you remove a TikTok account, your scheduled and published posts will be automatically removed from the calendar
- If you have scheduled posts that are not published yet, they will not be published when you remove the Instagram account. Thus you will have the equivalent post schedule limit to if you add a new Instagram or TikTok account.
In order to remove TikTok account you need to follow the steps above.
- Go to the Teams tab under the Account Settings
- Go to the Social channels tab and click on the Edit button next to the team where the social channel you want to remove included
- Remove the TikTok account you want to remove from Planly
Note: Removing a social channel will also remove the scheduled, draft, and published posts for that social channel.
Note: When you remove a social channel, the media files you used to schedule to that TikTok account will remain in the team. Media files belong to a team, not a social channel.