By connecting your Instagram to Planly, you will be able to schedule your posts, stories, carousel posts, and reels to Instagram.
It is important to remember that:
- Only Account owner can add or remove an Instagram account in Planly
- An Instagram account can only exist in a single team.
Note: A single social channel can be connected to multiple Teams in Planly. When you connect an existing social channel to Planly it will not be removed from the existing team.
How to connect Instagram to Planly?
There are 2 ways to connect your Instagram account to Planly.
From the top of your calendar
- Go to the Calendar tab, click on the + icon at the top of your calendar
- Choose the social network you want to add
- Choose the connection method you want to connect to Planly
- In the Planly account, go to Settings in the bottom-left of your screen from the Profile section from the top-right of your screen
- Click on the Team on the middle-left menu
- Click on the Edit button next to the Team you want Instagram account to connect
- Click on the Social channels tab in the middle menu and click the Add social channels button
- Enter your login prompts
Note: You don't need your Instagram account to be logged in in your browser to connect it to Planly
How to remove Instagram account from Planly?
Before removing your Instagram account, please keep these in mind:
- You have to be to Account owner to remove an account from Planly
- When you remove an Instagram account, your scheduled and published posts will be automatically removed from the calendar
- If you have scheduled posts that are not published yet, they will not be published when you remove the Instagram account. Thus you will have the equivalent post schedule limit to if you add a new Instagram or TikTok account.
In order to remove Instagram account you need to follow the steps above, except that you remove an existing account on Planly.
- Go to the Teams tab under the Account Settings
- Go to the Social channels tab and click on the Edit button next to the team where the social channel you want to remove included
- Remove the Instagram account you want to remove from Planly
Note: When you remove a social channel, the media files you used to schedule to that Instagram account will remain in the team. Media files belong to a team, not a social channel.