By connecting your Instagram to Planly, you will be able to schedule your posts, stories, carousel posts, and reels to Instagram.
It is important to remember that:
- You can only connect Instagram Business Pages to Planly. If you have a personal or creator account, please first convert them into a business account,
- Your Instagram page has to be connected to a Facebook Business Page. This is a requirement set by Instagram all users must comply with. To connect your Instagram page to a Facebook Page please follow this guide: https://help.planly.com/hc/en-us/articles/18501195657745-How-to-connect-Instagram-Page-to-a-Facebook-Page-
Note* If you do not have or use a Facebook Business page, we recommend creating a Facebook page and connecting your Instagram page to that account. This way you can easily add your Instagram page to Planly and schedule your posts, reels, and stories.
You can connect a single Instagram page to multiple teams in Planly. When you connect an existing social channel to Planly it will not be removed from the previous team.
How to connect Instagram to Planly?
Convert your profile into a business page and connect with a Facebook page if you have not done yet.
- Go to the Calendar tab in Planly, or simply here
- Click on the + (plus) icon at the top of your calendar
- Select Instagram from the list of social platforms
- Click Authenticate with Facebook. This is a requirement set by Instagram to link Instagram Pages to Facebook pages. This is why you are asked to have your Instagram page connected to a Facebook page.
- If this is the first time you connect an Instagram account to Planly you will be prompted to enter your Facebook credentials. If you are already connected to a Facebook or an Instagram page with that Facebook profile, you will be asked to continue with your profile. Or if you want, you can log in to another account that you have admin access to the Facebook page.
- Important * It is a requirement to enter your Facebook personal profile login that has an admin role on the Facebook Page that is connected to your Instagram account. If you log in to a Facebook profile that doesn't have an admin role on the Page, or if your Instagram page is not correctly connected to your Facebook page, you will not see your Instagram page listed on the next step.
- Select the list of Instagram pages that you want to connect to Planly and click Add
- Done. Now you can start scheduling your posts and see their analytics in Planly.
Where to connect the Instagram page to Planly?
- From the top of your profile. The way we have just explained above. Click on the plus icon at the top of your calendar.
- From Account Settings. Go to Settings > Channels in the side menu
- Click the Add channel button and select Instagram
- From your Team's Settings. Click the Settings icon at next to the channel in your calendar and then click the Add channel button
How to remove an Instagram account from Planly?
Before removing your Instagram account, please keep these in mind:
- When you remove an Instagram account, your scheduled and published posts will be automatically removed from the calendar
- If you have scheduled posts that are not published yet, they will not be published when you remove the Instagram account. Thus you will have the equivalent post schedule limit if you add a new Instagram or TikTok account.
In order to remove your Instagram account you need to follow the steps above, except that you remove an existing account on Planly.
- Go to Settings next to the social channels on your calendar
- Click the trash icon next to the Instagram account you want to remove from Planly